[ale] systemd or not

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:24:25 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Michael H. Warfield <mhw at wittsend.com>
wrote:

> > Yep. And the only reason I switched to XFCE instead of (back to) E was
> down
> > to everything of any use was built on GTK+.
>
> Ah!  But E is a window manager while XFCE is a desktop/session manager.
> I run XFCE with E16 as my window manager.  They're not at all
> incompatible and not particularly hard to switch to.
>
> Yes, you can run "pure E" as a desktop manager as well, but I do like
> having the panels ala GNOME < 3 and XFCE, while E gives me all the
> workspaces I want with as many viewports wide an high as I want while I
> still run XFCE and it's panels.

E16 was merely a window manager (with extra features). E17 is more akin to
a full on desktop environment (ala GNOME or KDE).

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59