[ale] systemd or not

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Sep 8 15:55:43 EDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-09-08 at 15:04 -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > E != Gnome :-(
> >
> > E has a reputation for long devel cycles and really good stuff on release.
> > Gnome cranks out stuff ans usually hits date targets and often delivers
> > crap but occasionally hands over a jewel. I need to look at E again. Been a
> > long time.
> >

> Yep. And the only reason I switched to XFCE instead of (back to) E was down
> to everything of any use was built on GTK+.

Ah!  But E is a window manager while XFCE is a desktop/session manager.
I run XFCE with E16 as my window manager.  They're not at all
incompatible and not particularly hard to switch to.

Yes, you can run "pure E" as a desktop manager as well, but I do like
having the panels ala GNOME < 3 and XFCE, while E gives me all the
workspaces I want with as many viewports wide an high as I want while I
still run XFCE and it's panels.

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com