[ale] OT - SED drive compatibility

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Mon Sep 8 12:54:14 EDT 2014

I'm curious about why you would encrypt filesystems on servers, if you have control of physical access?  If the server is up and online, the drives would be decrypted, and the files would be accessible by any remote exploit.  I'm sure I'm missing a good reason for it, but I haven't had enough caffeine to fully get the brain cranked up today :D
--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer