[ale] Fwd: [PhreakNIC] Re: GPG Keysigning at PhreakNIC (At the CryptoParty Perhaps)

Pope jonnyX jonnyx at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 28 13:40:59 EDT 2014

FYI

-----Forwarded Message-----

Yes indeed: https://phreaknic.info/content/cryptoparty

Here's the preliminary schedule we got from Alan Fey, the Freeside Atlanta
director, last night:

I marked with the times I *MAY/CAN** be there as *[Alan]* so at other
times, you should have some volunteers help keep things going.  *I'll make
every effort to pop-in when there's not a talk I want to see so I can make
sure volunteers have everyone setup and running well.  :)

Hey, let's drop Smashthestack Q&A in that case, because it's too similar to
NetKOH...no sense in replicating.

How does this look?

*[FRI]*

??? - 2pm: *[Alan]* I'm open to whatever during this time.  I am aiming for
arriving around noon, so I can probably get CryptoParty room kicked off
until the talk I want to see.  I will get folks interested in the
Panopticlick Golf - do you have a prize I could use for this?  I am liable
to pick up something colossally stupid from a gas station on the way up as
a prize, so hopefully you have something really cool we can pitch to the
cause.

2 - 3pm: I recommend that if you have a computer hooked into projector,
that we show 30C3 talks, or just have open discussion.  If there's nothing
else going on, queue up a 30C3 talk!  :)  I'll assemble a list of URLs of
talks I think would work well for our audience.

3 - 4pm: *[Alan] *I'll go ahead and do hands-on GPG setup or keysigning,
plus playing around with VPNs, plus get volunteers familiar with the
Panopticlick Golf game.  Once I show volunteers the basics, this stuff will
be ongoing

4 - 6pm: Let's have a screening of the Internet's Own Boy, the Aaron Swartz
documentary which is freely available on the Internet Archive.

6 - 7pm: *[Alan*] Browsing security plug-in review, general browser
security, possible discussion of Tor+Firefox

7 - 8pm: Open discussion, 30C3 talks, Panopticlick Golf, GPG, VPNs

8 - 9pm: *[Alan] *Steganography 101 can probably be pulled off in this time
frame.

9 - 10pm: I'm doing my own talk, so Open discussion, 30C3 talks,
Panopticlick Golf, GPG, VPNs

10pm+: *[Alan] *I'll go ahead and have make your own OnionPi router
running, plus the usual: Open discussion, 30C3 talks, Panopticlick Golf,
GPG, VPNs

11p/midnight-ish: I will probably want to hang out socially with you fine
people at some point!

*[SAT]*

??? - 1pm:* [Alan] *I'll help kick things off by making sure the volunteers
are up to speed on running: Open discussion, 30C3 talks, Panopticlick Golf,
GPG, VPNs - if there's time, I'll make friends with Jitsi and discuss OTR

1 - 3pm: Another screening of the Internet's Own Boy, the Aaron Swartz
documentary?  If not, the usual Open discussion, 30C3 talks, Panopticlick
Golf, GPG, VPNs.

4 - 6pm: *[Alan] *I'll discuss Pond and Tahoe-LAFS, and perhaps we'll try
and make a Tahoe-LAFS grid if the people are willing and ready!

6 - 10pm: These talks are too awesome for me to miss!  Open discussion,
30C3 talks, Panopticlick Golf, GPG, VPNs.

10pm+: *[Alan] *Let's make an OnionPi router!  If people already have
theirs working, we'll switch focus to debugging or creating the Tahoe-LAFS
grid, and/or general discussion about operational security techniques and
*Other*.

11p/midnight-ish: I will probably want to hang out socially with you fine
people at some point!

*[SUN]*

??? - 2pm: *[Alan] *Aside from Les' talk, I'll probably be hanging out in
the CryptoParty room, nursing a hangover.  :)  Ask me anything while we
quietly drink coffee and work on things.

2pm: Announcing Winner of Panopticlick Golf !!!

2pm+: I'll be wrapping up my stay and looking to get back to the ATL, last
bits of contact info exchange with all you fine people.