[ale] sponsoring registrar

Todor Fassl fassl.tod at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 17:59:23 EDT 2014

On 10/20/14 15:53, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
>> Registry Expiry Date: 2015-02-23T17:22:49Z
> This says this expires in 02/23/2015.  Is this information accurate or
> just more faked out bullshit?  This does not indicate a suspended
> domain.  This IS consistent with a domain that was renewed for 1 year
> back in January of this year and expiring in February of next year, so
> it may not be "suspended" per se afa the domain name itself is
> concerned.  If your site dns or hosting is down, that may be nameservers
> or hosting accounts with the provider.  If the domain is active, we have
> a whole different game with months to play!

Well, I did say our web site is suspended, not our domain name. It's
going to take some time to get our web site unsuspended so I thought I'd
try to get the domain name registrar to let me point the  domain
somewhere else.  I am asking how to figure out what to do about that. I
am not entirely sure that this thing called the "sponsoring registrar"
is the right entity to contact. It may be a dumb question but the reason
I am doubting my sanity is that the sponsoring registrar is denying that
they know anything about the domain name. I think I'm being jerked
around, right?

I mean, if you do a whois for your domain, you need to contact the
entity listed as the sponsoring registrar to regain control, right?

PS: Sorry about the "faked out bullshit" but I can't post the dead guy's
name or even that of the non-profit. I'm sure you can understand that.