[ale] Belay that, OT, jre7u71 winXP won't install/update

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 11:22:24 EDT 2014

On 10/17/2014 10:33 AM, Ken Cochran wrote:
> - OS is fragile, updates have a way of failing, corrupting
>   the update "database," blocking further updates & requiring
>   a reinstall to fix.  Which of course, erases all the
>   *customer's* files & installed applications.  And that
>   doesn't always fix it.
actually that isn't true.. I have done a reinstall, and it saved all the
old data to the C:/old_windows folder, or something like that..
I did a reinstall for a lady.. I tried to install linux, but the video
card was weird, couldn't see the install window to even start it, so I
had to give up & re-install windows.. She thought she was going to lose
all her Tunes, but we found them saved to a folder!!

--
Paul Cartwright