[ale] Belay that, OT, jre7u71 winXP won't install/update

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Fri Oct 17 11:15:23 EDT 2014

For things that are business-critical, many businesses get redundant
installations. Perhaps buying 2 of the replacement laptops now ...

Having a backup of a commercial OS and software is perfectly legal in the USA.

============================
Laptops for Parts

BTW, I have some old Dell laptops (cracked MBs on both) that would be good for
parts. No HDD and I may have pulled the RAM.  600M and 1535.
The 600M has a 1 month old keyboard (1 month old when I replaced it).  I believe
everything else on these systems is working - optical media, screens, ports,
power bricks, ....
I have the OS recovery image for the 1535 and probably for the 600M (somewhere).
Neither machine boots.  First person to pick either up gets it.  Any Sunday at
GA-400 LUG would be ideal. Let me know you'll be there off-list.