[ale] Living without a data plan how feasible is it

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+ale at betteradmin.com
Fri Oct 17 10:11:58 EDT 2014

Regarding getting the iPhone working itself, have you tried a restore using
DFU mode?  You will not be able to revert to IOS 7 since Apple has stopped
signing that firmware, so your only option is IOS 8.  This article/video
will explain how to get it into DFU mode:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034
In this mode, you should be able to reload the OS and get it working.
Hopefully you have your data backed up so you can restore later.

Before doing this, I would recommend backing up the backup folder so your
data is not overwritten, if it's not already too late.  Exit iTunes and
make a copy of the folder:
    C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

❧ Brian Mathis
@orev