[ale] Satellite 6 opinions?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 10:01:43 EDT 2014

Anyone have any opinions on Satellite 6 as opposed Satellite 5?

I'm using 5 to kickstart systems with hosted kickstart profiles that use a
few kickstart snippets. I also distribute some system agnostic
configurations through a couple configuration channels, serve out local
copies of the EPEL (and other) RPM repositories, and serve out some
in-house RPM repositories.

Is 6 capable of these tasks? I assume so, but it's not very clear from the
documentation. All I'm getting out of it is that the product has completely
changed, and is more along the lines of a new interface to Puppet.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59