[ale] Older parent friendly desktop WM

Larry Johnson larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 14:19:40 EDT 2014

On 10/3/14, Paul Cartwright <pbcartwright at gmail.com> wrote:

> looking on the gnewsense website, the desktop shot looks alot like the
> MATE desktop & menus.. that menu was the reason I went to MATE..
> is that the new gnome desktop, or have I missed this...

I wasn't familiar with MATE until I did a websearch after reading your
message.  The "About the  gnome desktop" identifies the gnome version
on the current version of gnewsense as 2.30.2, with a build date of
3/09/2013.  MATE seems to brand its fork, so my guess is that
Gnewsense is just continuing to package and maintain an earlier
version of gnome.

Regards,
Larry