[ale] hard drive recorder and hdmi or component

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 17:02:37 EST 2014

Firewire transmits raw data from tape. Whatever resolution and compression
you have on videocamera that what is going to be in your videofile. What
are you going to do with this file is up to you. So only requirement is
fast hard drive which for nowdays is almost no concern at all.

P.s. in year 1995 in company I was working we were using two scsi drives in
raid 0 to maintain two raw PAL signals in realtime. And we still got
hiccups. What a days ...

Sent from Gmail Mobile