[ale] Semi-OT, Windows as VM guest

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Nov 27 19:09:45 EST 2014

I don't think win7 is available for sale firsthand anymore. Check eBay.

I use libvirtd and KVM. Install the KVM and Spice additions in Windows, gives you the ability to use virtio drivers for disk and network, which is much faster than the emulated hardware.

If you then keep all details of the VM the same, it should be portable between systems.

Recommend a dedicated VM host for windows systems, and that way they are all in the same space on the network.

Sent from my iPhone