[ale] Semi-OT, Windows as VM guest

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 17:24:54 EST 2014

Win7 runs well in a Linux KVM host. A VM migrates well to other hosts as
long as it's built using very generic virtualized hardware. The initial
win8 would not run on VMware or KVM hosts. It's been over a year since I
tried anything like that.

If you're going to need multiple win7 VM instances, it may be cheaper to
get bulk licence than individual ones. Check CDW and other online retailers
for pricing.