[ale] One NIC, two IP addresses on different VLANs?

LnxGnome lnxgnome at hopnet.net
Tue Nov 18 10:50:46 EST 2014

Raj,

The #:# notation, like "eth0:0", implies an alias (secondary IP).

The #.# notation, like "eth0.0", implies a vlan (use vconfig).

On RHEL/CentOS like systems, you can add IPADDR2= and PREFIX2= (or
NETMASK2=) lines to the config file ifcfg-eth0 to add the IP at boot
(assuming NetworkManager isn't mangling anything).

--LnxGnome