[ale] Parental Controls

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Wed Nov 12 10:35:10 EST 2014

On 11/12/2014 10:03 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Setup hosts file with name and IP of required remote systems. Disable DNS
> caching. Set DNS to bogus IP. Print sign that reads "Unauthorized access will
> result in termination" and tape it so they have to move it to see the screen.

Until someone is actually terminated, they won't believe it.  I've seen this
aspect before around GPS tracking of commercial vehicles. Idle threats don't
work. Someone will need to be fired, escorted out in front of other employees.

Either the owners and management want the systems locked down or they do not.
Best to find out how far they are willing to go before.