[ale] Parental Controls

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Nov 12 10:28:26 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

The sign comment reminds me of a funny story.

My nephew-in-law came to visit over summer. I think he was 16 at the time. I looked at my wife's laptop he had been using and noticed
that he had been looking at porn. I'm a realist and knowing what I did at that age on a BBS I decided to not say a word to him.

What I did do was to put a post-it-note on the screen, close the laptop, then left for my office.

The note read this:

"It would break your aunt's heart if she knew you were looking at porn on her computer."

When I came back the note was not there. He had been using the laptop. I never even looked
in the history to see if he had still went to a site. My wife, his mom, and me laugh about this incident.