[ale] hacking the Acer chromebook 13

Ted W. ted-lists at xy0.org
Fri Nov 7 14:28:02 EST 2014

On 11/07/2014 02:12 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> ah ha! crouton has been updated in the last 48 hours!
>
> On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Ted W. <ted-lists at xy0.org> wrote:
>
>> No Crouton? https://github.com/dnschneid/crouton
>>
>> Some discussion floating around the github "issues" say it works fine
>> assuming you got the CB5 model (which it sounds like it is from your
>> description).

Please let us know how it goes. If the battery life is reasonable and
storage isn't a problem (with some sane form of external storage I
assume) I might look at picking one of these up to replace this old X61
I've been using. Though I love the thing to death, 1024x768 just isn't
cutting it for web surfing any more.

--
Ted W. <ted at xy0.org>