[ale] Is this BS?

Collin Pruitt hellow at binenv.com
Thu May 22 18:11:28 EDT 2014

I agree that my statement was quite broad, however I base it off of my
personal experience. In my experience, Ubuntu holds the largest number
of Linux desktop installations outside of the enterprise market, where
obviously RHEL holds the most. Ubuntu is shipped relatively more
insecure than other Linux distros because it is oriented towards
somebody that is completely clueless as to how Linux distributions
operate. They (generally) don't know what iptables is, or SELinux, or
even what all of the various pre-installed services do. Security does
not allow for a streamlined process when it comes to users with no clue
what they are doing, so that is why I make the broad statement that most
Linux desktop installs are inherently more insecure. Because they are,
because most of them are Ubuntu or something based off of it/something
similar.

Again, all in my experience. I may very well be completely wrong because
my experience has been skewed by a good number of things.

--
Collin Pruitt
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored,