[ale] Is this BS?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu May 22 17:49:52 EDT 2014

Windows has become far better out of the box in the past 5 years. But so
has several major Linux distros. RedHat 6 installed with a basic apache
server with defaults is very, very secure. Between iptables and selinux,
remote bad guy, and local bad users would be quite stymied attempting to
access areas not allowed.
The firewall in Fedora 19 is using the successor to iptables and is even
more robust. The fully enforcing, targeted selinux is very complete at
allowing only that which should occur.
It would make a good challenge to have an out of the box windows server vs
Linux server crack-a-thon. I suspect it would be very, very close if not a
tie. And the failures would be different.
Hmm. A pair of as released systems against a pair of upgraded systems would
be a good showcase.