[ale] Making a wifi connection from the command line?

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Sat May 3 09:11:34 EDT 2014

Thanks!
wicd was not installed - I added it to fight with MetworkManager.  nmcli
worked, too.  I used to have wheezy on a couple of servers, but there was
no wireless connection.  I hardcoded the eth0 connections in
/etc/networking/interfaces, but never had to touch that again, unless I had
to change the IP for some reason.  For some reason I was resistant to
hardcoding the wireless stanza.  Thanks for the reminder of that.
I will test when this laptop leaves my cave again, in a couple of weeks,
when I go to my daughter's graduation ceremony.

Wolf Halton

Security in the Cloud -
http://AtlantaCloudTech.com<http://atlantaCloudTech.com>