[ale] Making a wifi connection from the command line?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sat May 3 00:08:11 EDT 2014

Under Debian wheezy I don't even have a GUI for the network
configuration.  I just add the wireless info (SSID, key, etc.) to
/etc/network/interfaces and then use 'ifup wlan0' to bring up my network
(actually happens automatically because my wireless card is PCMCIA but I
have altered it manually before.)

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
  wpa-ssid <ssid>
  wpa-psk <key>