[ale] NanoPC

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 18:42:42 EST 2014

general orneriness and curmudgeonly character :-)

Some of us "professionals" view certain distros as "hobby market only".
Ubuntu (even LTS) fits that for me. Too much stuff that was fixed over a
decade ago in other "professional class distros" is still wonky in Ubuntu.

And then there's the funky, not so cool, not really in the spirit of
GNU/Linux/OpenSource shenanigans like the data pump to upstream sources of
search data, the "let's just fork everything and do our way so we don't
have to play well with others" mentality and some other stuff that has
rubbed me personally the wrong way over time with Ubuntu leadership.

So, yeah. I'm a distro curmudgeon. I've got 15+ years experience with "The
RedHat Way" and while it's got it's share of warts, there's a core bunch of
stuff that just always works on an install and they keep spending money
buying closed source stuff and open sourcing it, pushing it to Fedora
upstream and funding rewrites to get rid of the last bits of code that
can't be open sourced due to license issues. If Debian had any money, they
would do that as well, I suspect.

No real flame intended from me. Just poking a bit of fun.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Edward Holcroft <eholcroft at mkainc.com>wrote:

> On what basis do you deem it not Linux?
>
> Edward Holcroft | Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
> 11695 Johns Creek Parkway, Suite 250 | Johns Creek, GA 30097
> O (770) 446-9606 | M (678) 587-8649
> On Mar 5, 2014 5:45 PM, "James Taylor" <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've never considered Ubuntu to be linux....
>>

>> James Taylor
>> 678-697-9420
>> james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>> It supports Android/Ubuntu/Linux ???? I thought Ubuntu was Linux???? Did I
>> miss something in the news about Ubuntu?????
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Boris Borisov <bugyatl at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > http://nanopc.org/NanoPC-T1_Feature.html

>> If this is an unsolicited spam message, please click this link to report
>> it:
>> http://control.eastcobbgroup.com:49285/contents/spamreport.shtml?rptid=45651&srvid=16vl15t

> MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
> NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not
> the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it
> - you should not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose its content to
> any other person. Internet communications are not secure. You should scan
> this message and any attachments for viruses. Any unauthorized use or
> interception of this e-mail is illegal.

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*