[ale] What did we want?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Thu Jan 30 18:07:52 EST 2014

I'm surprised to hear folks think ALE isn't robust.  The only times I made it to the meeting there seemed to be many people there.  Even the folks that went to the after function were so numerous I couldn't find a place at the table.

For me it's not so much a lack of interest (I go the AUUG meetings each month) as it is the location for the Central meeting.  It doesn't seem that "central" to me being on the NW side.     One of these days I need to try to figure out where exactly the NW meetings are.   The one time I tried to locate that from the campus map I gave up in disgust after driving around for 1/2 hour or more.

It didn't help that the last time I went to Central someone stole my car's hub covers.  :-)

One of the reason I like UGs and lists/forums is because they DO introduce me to things that I'm not currently working on.