[ale] What did we want?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Jan 30 16:47:09 EST 2014

On 01/30/2014 03:10 PM, H P Ladds wrote:
> I wonder if all the User groups that are tangential to Linux attract
> more support than LUGs themselves. Is the Drupal user more interested
> in a Drupal user group or a LUG? Is the Android user developer
> interested attending a regular Android related event or a LUG?
Seems to me that a user group with a more pointed focus might attract
more people, like a dev group, rather than a general group that is
interested in many facets.  We are a group of sys admins, developers,
network engineers, security experts and plain Linux users.  I might not
be interested in attending a meeting talking about bash scripting, but
very interested in IPV6 discussion, which would be quite the opposite of
someone else.

Just a thought.