[ale] State & Federal tax filing on Linux

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Wed Feb 26 16:49:40 EST 2014

Major consideration is the complexity of your return.  Rental income,
corporations, funds, loss carryover from prior years, etc.

One can quickly outstrip the capability of the online and basic turbotax
versions.    For us we always have to get the premium/intergalactic
version because it sucks investment data out of sources which would take
days to key in.   And the basic version doesn't back out all the stuff
correctly for state taxes.

Given any significant complexity I'd bag the philosophical aversion to
turbotax on a pc.

Neal Rhodes
MNOP Ltd.