[ale] State & Federal tax filing on Linux

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Wed Feb 26 15:52:50 EST 2014

Last year my wife filed ours with Turbotax online using Ubuntu and Chrome.
No issues. You're able to download a local copy of the filing. Haven't
filed this year yet, but since my wife is an accountant, she'll be doing
ours this year as usual.

ed

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:24 PM, Scott Castaline <skotchman at gmail.com>wrote:

> It's been a few years since I've done our taxes myself. Last time was
> using TurboTax on Mafia$haft. I'd like a Linux only solution, that would
> allow me to keep a copy of my forms on my system and eFile for me both Fed
> & State. Looking for personal recommendations. Everything I'm finding so
> far is dated no more recent than 2009 so I don't think that would be viable
> solutions. Also I keep hearing that there were major changes in tax laws
> this year so the media is recommending not to do taxes yourself this year.
> Any opinions on that?
>
> Scott C.

Edward Holcroft | Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
11695 Johns Creek Parkway, Suite 250 | Johns Creek, GA 30097
O (770) 446-9606 | M (770) 630-0949

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not