[ale] oVirt anyone?

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 15:08:42 EDT 2014

Question, what would be better, using oVirt or Docker?

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 12:10 PM, JD <jdp at algoloma.com> wrote:

> Ovirt is based on libvirt. libvirt is a library that interfaces with about
> 15
> different virtualization technologies - so the answer is "it depends."
> http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Main_Page may be helpful.
>
> Don't know about serial port passthru - may demand vt-d support and a PCI
> card
> if it even works.  USB passthru is v2.0 only, no USB3 for KVM VMs.  I
> don't know
> about other VMs.
>
> OTOH, I've never, ever, touched oVirt, but use libvirt constantly.
>

> On 08/22/2014 11:36 AM, Ramesh Nadupalli wrote:
> > Ovirt support Serial port and USB passthru from local desktops?

> large
> >>
> >> There's also the 'hosted engine' configuration, where the engine is run
> as a
> >> guest VM on the primary host (as opposed to the engine running on the
> host,
> >> alongside the guest VMs).

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE -- Terrorpup
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want to
package and distribute , or create your own linux distro. Give SUSE Studio
a try.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 19-21, 2015 in Charlotte, NC.