[ale] ALE donating some goodwill assistance

Ted W. ted-lists at xy0.org
Thu Aug 21 09:51:33 EDT 2014

On 08/18/14 21:27, Vernard Martin wrote:
> On 8/18/2014 1:36 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> A related group that is known by many ALErs (and attended by many as
>> well)
>> is PhreakNIC. The 2014 conference is coming up this Halloween and yours
>> truly has been asked to assist with getting some final bits of
>> registration
>> in place.
>>
>> A last bit is the need to send registration confirmation and the
>> associated
>> QR-codes to the attendees.
>>
>> Due to unforeseen issues with the PhreakNIC mail server, it's not
>> possible
>> to send these confirmations emails from there. (I'm trying to be discreet
>> here so don't ask about the why's of this - political and internal is
>> more
>> than I want to know).
>>
>> So I plan to setup an email address on the ALE server that can be used by
>> the automated process to send out the confirmation codes. Given the
>> massive
>> volume of emails of late, it shouldn't impact our server and will help
>> out
>> a related group of geeks and hackers.
>>
>> Feedback welcome and requested.
>>
> PhreakNIC is "good peoples". I see nothing wrong with helping them in
> their time of need.
>
> Vernard

Agreed! PhreakNIC is definitely good peoples. Any goodwill sent their
way will be repaid many times over in good karma to ALE.

My attendance has been on hiatus for a few years now but one of my first
"hacker cons" was PhreakNIC 11 back many years ago. I might make a point
to try to get up there this year...

--
Ted W. <ted at xy0.org>