[ale] August ALE central meeting

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Aug 19 21:02:23 EDT 2014

On 08/19/2014 07:54 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> It seems 8/21/14 is really close and I have no topic or speaker (again) so
> a social meeting at Melton's is officially called for 7:30 pm. Maybe we can
> rustle up a speaker for next month.
> Volunteers?

Social is great.  It takes me almost 2 hours to go 32 miles(according to
my gps) from Fayetteville at 5:30 (I've done it twice).  I'd really like
to join you but that's insane.  Is there somewhere interesting  near
there I could hang out at so I could travel to the vicinity earlier in
the day?  The zoo would be OK except the surface roads between the zoo
and Emory/Meltons is the slowest part of the journey.  Even a park
nearby I could take a lawn chair to and read for a couple of hours would
be OK.  How's the access from the east?  Any better than from the south?

Thanks,
Jim.