[ale] OT: How can you get all SMS into one user? / SMS Cell modem AT&T

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 16:10:06 EDT 2014

heh, heh.

I always thought it would be fun and informational to randomly add an
random upstream manager to the page list for a block of servers for a day.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Jeff Hubbs <jhubbslist at att.net> wrote:

> Bad:  being in a Soviet Russia job where *servers* run *you*!
> Worse:  working where the people who are implementing the monitoring don't
> really understand what the servers do or why and aren't the people who are
> expected to answer the alarms.
>

> On 8/19/14, 3:02 PM, David Millians wrote:
>

>> Good: Zabbix. (In spite of my initial displeasure.)
>> Better: Zabbix sending SMS alerts via mail gateways
>> Best: Figuring out how to use Averages and changes so you don't SO MANY
>> alerts
>> DIE IN A FIRE KILL IT KILL IT: Every SMS coming in via a different number
>> that changes every single time- but still in a pattern.
>>
>> At the old job, I had only a couple of servers. I only had a few messages.
>>
>> New job, LOTS of servers. Fewer messages than I had before I set up
>> triggers properly, but still lots of messages. And every single one shows
>> up in a different listing.
>>
>> I'm on an iphone. Has ANYBODY figured out how to shove these messages
>> into the same address book entry, and even better into the same iMessage
>> user every time?
>>
>> Darned hard to search on this, I found. I doubt there's a way.
>> Barring this, has anybody setup a true SMS cell modem with Zabbix with
>> AT&T? All the info on the zabbix site- and there's not much there- is old
>> and mostly from Europe.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*