[ale] mail handling software

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 19:24:06 EDT 2014

On 08/17/2014 06:41 PM, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> run into an unexpected problem.  I have been using Kmail for years and it
> has done everything I have needed it to do.  Apparently the app is no more.
> Is there anything out there that will do all the usual things (sort mail
> into folders, easily create filters, etc.) that is JUST email software?
> Apparently KDE now offers something called Kontact that is a PIM and
> includes kmail, but yum can't find that either.

Kontact has always been there, I used it for years.. it just included
kmail. You could start Kontact & go to Kmail, or just double-click Kmail.
wow, no package kmail available, that is wild!!!

I moved from kmail to Thunderbird many years ago, when I was also moving
away from KDE. Thunderbird has lots of filter capabilities, and with
lightning has a calendar app.

--
Paul Cartwright