[ale] Zimbra - OT SugarCRM

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Wed Aug 13 16:31:56 EDT 2014

It sounds like you are working on my team! :)
I love how vendors ship these magical "virtual appliances" for Windows admins who can't spell Linux.  The only problem is they usually have sshd on, no firewall, and no updates being applied.  When that becomes a problem, suddenly it becomes an issue for the Linux team...
I really laughed when one of the field engineer/sales drones for one of those companies was  smugly telling them how by them not providing the root password, no one could ever get access and log into their appliance.  Yeah...  he turned all sorts of shades of pale when I booted up with a Finnix disk and cleared the root password. :D
Allen B.
--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer