[ale] burning blu-ray discs

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Aug 12 16:50:59 EDT 2014

On 8/12/2014 3:37 PM, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> But my basic question is this:  is there any software that will burn an
> .iso to a Blu-Ray disc that will work on Fedora?
Odd that K3b would treat it differently. From the software perspective,
it's just like DVD+R(W).

growisofs -Z /dev/bdrdrive=/path/to/image.iso

... will take care of burning the disc (and preformatting it with a
spare area, too). You can also use dvd+rw-format to explicitly format
the media yourself, or xorriso (complex!) for working with CD/DVD/BD-R
media as well.

     --- Mike