[ale] webmin or not?

Brian Schenken brian.schenken at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 16:04:28 EDT 2014

I'll toss in my +1 for Webmin.  It's very handy for setting up cron jobs,
firewall rules, etc. when you can't be arsed to memorize syntax you don't
often use.  The service configuration tools will generally give you easy
access to most options, and can usually read and preserve any custom
settings you have in place.

It's definitely not a tool to give to untrusted end users, but it's great
for admins.  I've used it for many years on many servers and it's been good
to me - and I've watched it getting better as it's been polished over the
years.