[ale] archiving backups

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Aug 7 17:25:57 EDT 2014

On 08/07/2014 12:47 PM, Stephen R. Blevins wrote:
> Within the last month I purchased a 10-pak of M-Disk DVD's, at
> Mircocenter.  The usual (the writing device is cheap but the media
> will cost you an arm and a leg) economics apply.  The 10-pak is marked
> $29.99, before sales tax. YMMV

I like those disks, but I'm trying to eliminate all the DVDs I have
now.  Possibly get a Blu-Ray USB burner.  Is there Linux support for those?

I've made progress in creating a process to archive pictures.  I'm
sorting them by date.  This would be an easier process If I did not get
easily obsessed and keep tweaking it.

Here is a link to a perl program I've written to do the copy, naming,
etc to a target directory.

If interested, take a look at it, run it, improve it, whatever.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2486826/archive_image.pl

If I had to do this kind of work on Windows I have no cloud how I would
do it. :)