[ale] archiving backups

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 09:32:33 EDT 2014

+1 :-(

I'm doing "THE PURGE". Very little code is being kept. I grep for my name
as I only added that for decently sized projects. The rest are the zillions
of one-offs that are easier to redo than find.

Then the fun begins. I added a text blurb to a file with the name, path and
description of each code set I'm keeping.  The only code I'm keeping not
written by me is specialty stuff that I use or it took eons to find or
(this is where it gets ugly) I can no longer find a source for. I treat all
of this the same as my stuff.
Once located, I add those paths to by backup process. I then delete on disk
duplicates.

Wish I had done this a decade ago