[ale] Log parsing/alerting tool recomendations

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Tue May 28 18:34:36 EDT 2013

  I'm working with a number of developers trying to create a logging
standard for some apps and devices my company is developing.  Most of them
are linux based and running syslog-ng so we have some flexibility and can
standardize.  The big concern though is coming up with a format for the
logs for the tools we will (may) be using to parse the data.  Personally I
like the idea of using cmd line and piping unix utils.

  A recommendation was thrown out though to ask about how others are
parsing system and application logs to look for issues, tracking, etc and
what kinds of input they take (json, xlm, .log, etc).  Anyone have any
tools you're using that are just incredible and what kinds of input they
can work with?

Robert

--
:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar