[ale] SLES, OpenSuse and the 11.1 conundrum

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Wed May 22 22:38:17 EDT 2013

Thank your for your time.

Please see below

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu> wrote:

> Okay, I think I need a bit more info to help.
> 1.  What is the output of "zypper lr"

irtual at cdl-pid-poc2:~> zypper lr
# | Alias                                                | Name
     | Enabled | Refresh
--+------------------------------------------------------+-----------------------+---------+--------
1 | SMT-http_cdxxxx_kk_ad_com:SLE11-SDK-SP1-Pool    | SLE11-SDK-SP1-Pool
 | Yes     | Yes
2 | SMT-http_cdxxxx_kk_ad_com:SLE11-SDK-SP1-Updates | SLE11-SDK-SP1-Updates
| Yes     | Yes
3 | pid_repo

> 2.  What method did you use to try to install (zypper, yast, rpm)

zypper in subversion

> 3.  What is the output of "zypper search subversion"

virtual at cdl-pid-poc2:~> zypper search subversion
Repository 'pid_repo' is out-of-date. You can run 'zypper refresh' as root
to update it.
Reading installed packages...

S | Name              | Summary
--+-------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+-----------
  | sdksp1-subversion | Security update for subversion
            | patch
i | subversion        | A Concurrent Versioning system similar to but
better than CVS  | package
  | subversion        | A Concurrent Versioning system similar to but
better than CVS  | srcpackage
  | subversion-devel  | Development package for Subversion developers
           | package
  | subversion-doc    | Documentation files for Subversion
            | package
  | subversion-perl   | Allows Perl scripts to directly use Subversion
repositories.   | package
  | subversion-python | Allows Python scripts to directly use Subversion
repositories. | package
  | subversion-server | Apache server module for Subversion server
            | package
i | subversion-tools  | Tools for Subversion
            | package
virtual at cdl-pid

> 4.  What is the output of rpm -qa|grep subversion

virtual at cdl-pid-poc2:~> rpm -qa|grep subversion
subversion-tools-1.5.7-0.10.1
subversion-1.5.7-0.1.1
virtual at cdl-pid-poc2:~

> 5.  What is the output of "cat /etc/SuSE-release"

virtual at cdl-pid-poc2:~> cat /etc/SuSE-release
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 1

> 6.  What is the output of "zypper ll"
>
>> virtual at cdl-pid-poc2:~> zypper ll
>
> There are no package locks defined.

I hope I have answered  all the questions correctly.

Thank You
-Narahari