[ale] SLES, OpenSuse and the 11.1 conundrum

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Wed May 22 20:07:40 EDT 2013

Friends/SUSE experts (I know there is one on this mailing list)

I have SLES 11.1 in office running on a VM.  It is a very tied down SLES.
I am trying to install svn and the one on the  repo local to our intranet.
The svn version is 1.5 but it wont install

"Problem: nothing provides libneon.so.27()(64bit) needed by
subversion-1.5.7-0.1.1.x86_64"

I cant find a 11.1 repo on the web for Open Suse 11.1.  I can find one for
11.4 but not sure which one hosts svn.

===========================

On the other hand I have Open Suse 11.1 on my personal VM.  I can install
svn there (I think it installs 1.7 version)  but installing maven installs
java 1.5 and maven wont even run although it should and upgrading java
there was a mess with jexec messing up the situation.

So the question is

how to, with least pain, successfully install both svn and maven 3 on SLES
11.1 or Open Suse 11.1 ?  as in finding repos, like finding AUR's for arch
where I feel it is easier.

Any inputs please ?

and

Thank you for your time and attention.