[ale] Raspberry Pi & MicroCenter

Watson, Keith krwatson at cc.gatech.edu
Fri May 17 14:19:01 EDT 2013

Not the RPi. The Android GoogleTV that gmane.mazilo at spamgourmet.com mentioned. He didn't include a manufacturer or model number so it makes it a bit hard to find.

Quoted from gmane.mazilo at spamgourmet.com email:

"I suppose it is a bare-bone RPi, i.e. no enclosure and no AC/DC adapter. If that is the case, then it will probably cost $50+ by the time the RPi is furnished with an enclosure + an AC/DC adapter. WIth that kind of money, it is possible to get an Android GoogleTV on a USB dongle with an RK3166 Dual-Core Cortex A9 CPU clocked @1.6GHz + 1GB RAM + at least 4GB NAND + HDMI port + USB2 port. I believe it will be more fun to hack this device and an RPi, YMMV."

keith

--

Keith R. Watson                        Georgia Institute of Technology
IT Support Professional Lead           College of Computing