[ale] how do I get graphical remote access to my linux machine

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Sat May 4 09:48:27 EDT 2013

We've used the NX machine client for my wife/partner's desktop for, uh,
Fedora Core 1, 3, 10, and now Centos 6.  It has worked great on all.

It seems to be pretty flexible regarding old client/new server, new
client/old server, etc.

Having recently set it up on a Win7 client to the Centos server, what I
remember was that it only worked if the connection was encrypted.

I'd suggest you give that a smidge more effort.   As I recall, there is
no startup once you install the NX server, as it gets started from an
ssh login session.   There is a little bit of setup on the client side,
as above, don't turn off encryption.

Neal Rhodes
MNOP Ltd