[ale] asp user learning php?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 13:46:16 EST 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Lightner, Jeff <JLightner at water.com> wrote:

>  What really gets me is that the ALE list will go on for days on end
> about ham radio, tax regulations or how to make apple pie but give little
> or no help on actual technology questions related to Linux.****

I don't find the apple pie thread in the archives. bummer. I like apple pie.

Yeah. Ale can be a bit like "social networking for people who don't use
facebook". Oftentimes, a non-answer to a technical question is exactly what
it looks like - no one has an answer. I quit asking technical questions on
ale years ago after I figured out I was asking stuff that no one new about.
I tend to work off in the weeds so that was to be expected.
James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain