[ale] Software Configuration for Linux LAN members enabling..... Router-Connected USB Printing ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 5 10:54:21 EST 2013

I am interested in using a D-Link N300+ router with a USB port to enable
USB printing to all the LAN members,
including Linux, using a single printer.

I know D-Link has Windows software that provides this capability but
have no idea how
to simulate this same capability, if possible, for Linux users on the
LAN, in that D-Link's Shareport Utility is required for
the Windows users, else the USB port is unavailable for printing.

If this particular hardware usage is unknown, please describe how this
has been/can be accomplished for a mix of
Windows and Linux users to a known hardware setup, or a suggested link
to a description of this process.

Please don't neglect to mention the recommended initial setup to connect
the Linux users to the LAN.

Appreciatively,

C.Thomas