[ale] rpm's src vs binary and the confusion

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 09:19:24 EDT 2013

Ok, Thank you to all of you.  I created my .rpm and tried it out.  A few
questions still linger.  Kindly help.

My package is not a relocatable package, at least thats what the tool tells
me.  What am I doing wrong that is making it Non-Relocatable ?
Here is the spec file.
http://pastebin.com/rFcE7Y05

Also please take a look at this link.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7813436/rpmbuild-using-script-files-contained-in-the-package-in-pre-script

In this the person who has replied says that Makeself allows you to create
a self installable executable which is base64encoded.  But the question is
how do you put a script (aka .sh file) which is a part of the .rpm file  in
the

%pre section.

If I want to put Source2:narahari.sh how do you make it available %pre as in

%pre -f narahari.sh

Thank You
-Narahari