[ale] Thread safe coding, Java or C

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Fri Jul 19 16:07:28 EDT 2013

On 07/19/2013 03:48 PM, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
> Subject says it all. What say you?
>
> --
> >From my iPhone
> Geoffrey Myers

Both can be thread safe and by doing things wrong in either you can
shoot yourself in the foot.

That said, I've had good luck with C++, GNU Common C++ library and Boost
threads.

It's been too long for me to say much about Java except making objects
thread safe is the programmers responsibility.  Then that's true for C++.

C is a different story.  It's probably a little harder to make thread
save functions with C but it can be done.

Jim.