[ale] Riddle me this

Richard Bronosky richard at bronosky.com
Mon Jul 15 09:35:11 EDT 2013

Android couldn't be anymore different from a vanilla Linux distro and
still be called Linux based. The only thing it really shares with
Linux is the kernel.

I can't speak to whether it would be easy for companies that make
Android apps to port them to Linux. The level of difficulty would vary
with every app. What more important is ROI potential. Right now a
company's market is a much larger with Android than Linux. That is why
you see Android apps with no Linux counterpart. Part of it is also the
challenges of distribution, installation, and support.

.!# RichardBronosky #!.