[ale] retroactive VM images?

Erik Mathis erik at mathists.com
Thu Jul 11 14:02:00 EDT 2013

I just found out that xenserver 6.2 is now completely free and OSS (with
the exception of patching) a few weeks ago when esxi wouldn't work because
the server had more then 32G of ram. VMware's solution was to just yank out
the extra ram. I've been very happy with it so far. I even found a decent
desktop and moved all my vbox images over to it w/o any problems after I
exported it correctly by adding the .ovf inplace of the .ova in the
exported filename.

You still need windows to use the MGMT UI. Non the less its very nice.

-Erik-