[ale] totally OT: hobbies

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Tue Jul 9 21:21:22 EDT 2013

Hi Sean,

I think you misunderstood me.  I actually agree with you.  I didn't actually say we HAD due process.  I guess I should say we SHOULD HAVE due process.  I do believe that there is a critical role for the spooks to play.  However, what they appear to be doing goes way overboard and probably is a gross violation of our constitutional rights.  There has to be a way to protect our rights FIRST and our safety, to a point, SECOND.  I'm not sure exactly what the correct balance is.  If my family was killed in a bombing, and it was found out that snooping on the innocent would have saved them, I might be biased and feel differently.  But, for the moment, I agree with you much more than I disagree.  Foundational principles of our culture are innocent until proven guilty and, paraphrasing what you said, not invading one's privacy without probable cause.  We cannot ignore that.

Sincerely,

Ron