[ale] Ubuntu + Chrome/Tor

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 17:44:26 EST 2013

  Has anyone had any luck getting Chrome on Ubuntu to play nice with Tor?

  I've got Tor up and running, according to the logs, just fine.  When I
try to use various extensions though to enable the Tor browsing the site
https://chech.torproject.org says I'm not using the network.  Anyone have
any ideas?

  I even tried to launch chrome from cmdline with:

google-chrome --incognito --proxy-server="localhost:8118"

ii  google-chrome-stable       24.0.1312.52-r1753 amd64              The
web browser from Google
ii  tor                        0.2.3.22-rc-1      amd64
 anonymizing overlay network for TCP

Robert

--
:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar