[ale] Thursday Feb 21 ALE Central Meeting Announcement

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 12:55:37 EST 2013

This month will have a friendly (hopefully) compare and contrast
multi-speaker talk on different distros.
Jim Kinney will do RHEL/CentOS
Allen Beddington is covering SuSE SLES/SLED
Lawrence Hamblin will discuss Gentoo
Mike Harrison plans to show and tell Bodhi if he's in town.

THE PLAN (TM) is to cover strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes,
everything about installation, usage, libraries, package managers,
configuration, security and programming in 10 minutes. Yeah, right! As
distro choice is almost a religious process, be sure to bring your favorite
barbs and jeers as well as your misty-eyed remembrances. Please no rotten
fruits or other vegetation as some of this material will stink enough
already (gnome3).

There is still room for a volunteer for Debian or Slackware. We may need to
do a Ubuntu vs Fedora grudge match later.

We will meet in the usual location at Emory at 7:30 and migrate to Meltons
for further commiserating afterwards.

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.